Friday, May 19, 2006

Complete!

I have a completed manuscript. You'll noticed I didn't say finished manuscript. There's a difference. Ever heard of the phrase "diamond in the rough?" My first editor once told me that about a completed manuscript that I hadn't had time to polish yet.

What this means is my work has really just started. I have a couple days to get the complete polished and sparkling like the diamond I hope it can be.

Here's the tally for Friday so far:

Today's goal: Finish complete!
Pages written today: Three new scenes
Daily new page goal: 10 (surpassed this and it's not even 2:30 pm)
Pages revised: none yet
Pages polished and good to go: 155
Pages left to polish: 57
Days until book is due: 3 (I emailed my editor. I have all Monday to work on book.)

What I wish I had in my hand instead of my iBook: chocolate

A special thank you to my friends Sue and L'rae. Each took my darling Rose for a morning this week giving me extra time to write. Thank you! Thank you! I just love playdates.

And for those Invasion fans out there. Thanks to everyone who signed the petition. It's got over 10K signatures! I don't know if it will make a difference but it can't hurt.

Oh, and I almost forgot... Invasion rocked on Wednesday night! (I hope I didn't already blog about this.) The finale had me on my feet the first ten minutes. Talk about gripping television. It was amazing. When they carried Rose away, my heart was pounding so fast. The last five minutes I was on my feet again talking to the TV. My hubby definitely thought I'd gone over the edge. But Larkin???? I can't believe Tom did that. And if we don't find out what happened... No, I won't even go there.