Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nooooooo!

I can't believe it. My youngest is sick. Again.

I don't know where all these illnesses are coming from. New germ pool since we moved? I just don't understand. We've had a horrible winter. I was sure spring would be better, but now...

It started yesterday when her runny nose turned this thick greenish color. Last night we put her to bed and an hour later it sounded as if a seal had invaded the upstairs. She had the most horrible croupy cough imaginable. Needless to say it was a long night with time spent outside to help her breath, lots of tossing and turning and then a wake up at 2 am when she was ready to start her day. I get the majority of my writing done after 8:30 pm. So last night was pretty much a wash.

Of course this means no school for her. She goes twice a week for 2 1/2 hours. And no writing for me. At least not until naptime.

The deadline in looming. I have no idea how I will get this book finished in time, and I'm craving chocolate. I wish I could wake up on May 23 and have it all done.