Friday, May 05, 2006

TGIF

I managed to clean the playroom last night and finish my chapter. I even made it to bed before midnight. I was feeling good about my progress both with the house and book. But when I woke up this morning, I felt as if something was wrong. During my shower the tiny suspicion crystallized into what I realized was a huge problem with my book.

I didn't motivate a huge point on my hero's emotional arc. I went from point A to Z without any of the steps that would show the reader why he was going to take this huge step.

So today I've been going back and trying to figure out what scenes I need to put in so this make sense. The bad thing is now I have an uncompleted Chapter 6 with only have 1 and 1/2 scenes, not three. The good thing is I can take the other 1 1/2 scenes and move them to Chapter 7. So all is not lost. That's where I'll be next week! So stay tuned;)

For all you writers out there, I don't no about you, but if I ever had an office outside of my house, I'd have to have a shower installed. That's where I do my best writing. I step under the spray of hot water and poof... My writer brain kicks into high gear. Ideas turn into books. Characters come alive. Solutions to plot problems materialize. The only problem is getting the stuff I come up with written down before I forget it. Too bad there wasn't a water proof Mac or Alphasmart. That's what I really need.