Thursday, June 01, 2006

What I'm Reading

I used to always have a book going and about ten waiting in the wings. I would read when I nursed (aloud so the baby could hear, too), before bedtime and whenever I got a free moment and I wasn't writing. Reading kept me sane during those early baby and writing years. I could escape into a book and forget everything else until one of the kidlets woke up. And then I had baby number three.

Suddenly reading was a luxury. The TBR (to be read) pile got boxed up. I quit my bookclub. And I finished less and less books on my own. There just wasn't time. But I'm trying to carve time into my schedule each day for reading.

Here's what I'm reading now:
Chronicles of Narnia (a chapter a night to the kids)
The Little Princess (a chapter a day with my oldest, we alternate reading pages)

On my nightstand waiting to be read as soon as revisions are done:
Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
The Traveling Death and Resurrection Show by Ariel Gore

What are you reading? I'd love to find some good books to add to my nightstand!