Monday, November 20, 2006

Feised Out

I am so glad this weekend is over even if it means getting back to the daily grind. The kids did great at their competition, placed in most of their dances and the oldest even moved up a level in one of her hardshoe dances. Still hubby and I are ready to be done with competitions for awhile. I think the littlest one is, too. At least until she's old enough to dance herself.

Now it's back to NaNoWriMo, preparing for Thanksgiving and checking things off my To Do list. It's a list that keeps getting longer and longer. Top 10 items:

1) Write
2) Take family picture for Christmas Cards
3) Order photo calendars from Lillian Vernon
4) Make shopping list for Thanksgiving Dinner
5) Shop for Thanksgiving Dinner
6) Call Rita (friend who's birthday I completely let slip by)
7) Buy Nutcracker Tickets (Mackenna Irish dances with the girl playing Marie/Clara)
8) Send RITA books to RWA
9) Send out my yahoogroups newsletter
10) Order Christmas Cards from COSTCO with family picture on them

One thing I can say is I've already started Christmas Shopping. My godson, a niece and three nephews are all finished. That leaves my goddaughter and nephew to buy for. I'm probably just going to do what I did last year and send all the adults on my list something from Harry and David. They have my gift list with all the addresses so it's easy and fast to do. I wonder though if people prefer receiving something to eat rather than a gift they can keep.

Of course Harry and David won't work for my editor in London. Last year I sent her Moonstruck chocolate and a cat ornament. So far I'm drawing a blank. Anyone have any suggestions for her this year?