Monday, November 06, 2006

NaNoWriMo

I've mentioned National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) before, but I figured I'd post the link to the site as well as the link to my profile in case anyone was interested in joining me in the insanity.

You can find a brief excerpt of the book I'm writing though it's very rough. No editing/revisions are really possible when trying to write 50K words in a month. Of course I'll be trying to do it in less than a month.

I still have one more scene left on the proposal before I can dive into NaNoWriMo so I'm behind on where I should be. Way behind. Many people have surpassed the 5000 word mark. A few have over 10K words. Me? I have a little over 1600 words. A lot to make up, I know, but I'm being disciplined (a new concept for me) by working on what needs to be sent in first rather than go for personal glory and win at NaNoWriMo.

But I'll get there. I hope!

Have you ever wanted to write a book? If yes, and you haven't, what's stopping you? Consider NaNoWriMo!