Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas Spirit

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

The revisions were accepted! I got an email this morning from my editor. Huge sigh of relief. She said she was thrilled with the changes. Since I changed almost every page and added four new scenes that made me feel very, very good!

To celebrate, the kidlets and I went and saw Scrooge, the musical. We'd had tickets for a couple months now, but the timing was perfect. I am now officially in the Christmas Spirit. In the last couple of days, I've almost knocked off my Christmas shopping, too. Not bad!

The family came home from Irish dance and I had dinner ready for them: chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Hubby looked at me and said who are you? He told the kids I looked like their mother, but I was an impostor named Lola.

I'd also come back from a Costco run and we now have a freezer full of food. A pantry full, too, as I've been clipping coupons and grocery shopping after taking a break for a couple of months and letting hubby deal with it. This means we had enough food for one meal and that's it. Not fun when you're hungry and want something now! Anyway the kids are thrilled.

Now I finally get to work on the tree. We've got it set up, but I need to go to each branch and fix it so it looks more real. I'm about a third of the way done. So that's my job tonight so we can finally decorate it!

How are you're Christmas preparations going?

11 comments:

Amy said...

Christmas prep is going very well...we're done!

Will we get to see a picture of your tree when it's ready?

Melissa said...

Of course I'll post a pic! That will finally make me download the photos from Arizona. I still haven't done that. My mind has been on the book and nothing else. Tomorrow I'll take a pre-ornament picture. It's looking pretty good! I'm very pleased with the purchase!

Yay on being done with your prep, Amy! You can sit back and enjoy the season!

Dru said...

With the little that I'm doing, I'm done with Christmas decorations.

I can't wait to see pictures of your tree.

Have a good Wednesday.

Tiffany said...

Congrats on having the revisions accepted!

Looking forward to seeing your tree!

The only ornaments I own are two huge boxes of ornaments that I inherited from my grandmother. But I didn't want to ship them to England and risk them getting broken so we're not having a tree this year. Plus, coming from the Pacific Northwest, the prices for Christmas trees in England are shocking!

I'm trying to make up for lack of festiveness around the house with lots of Christmas activities. I've booked tickets to the sing-a-long Christmas Carol concert at the Royal Albert Hall, the next night we'll see "Scrooge" in Windsor and I hope to take my son ice-skating at the Hampton Court Palace.

Virginia said...

Good luck with the tree. Don't you just love to decorate them. I got my up sometime last week and now I am trying to get the gifts all wrapped. It is a very busy time of the year.

Rottie_mom said...

Great news about the revisions.

I put up my decorations with aren't many but the one that I really love. Gave ex the ones I didnt want last year lol.

I do want to get some lights for the windows havent gotten to that.

Will be sending out christmas cards early next week. Im hoping to take my 3 dogs to petsmart this weekend to get their pics taken with Santa, this should be interesting.
And christmas shopping is starting next week too. I get tired just thinking about it LOL

Jennifer said...

decoration wise- nothing. present wise, I think I'm doing pretty well :)

Brandy said...

We have out our Advent Calender and tree and a nutcracker MIL gave Son. Chris has put up outside lights and our wreathes are out, however we don't have our tree up yet. *G*

Congratulations on the revisions being accepted!
Have a great day!

Jane said...

The decorations are out, but I haven't put them up yet. I'll do them this weekend.

catslady said...

Big congrats on your accepted revisions - now you get to think about the holidays.

This weekend I have a tree trimming party. It all started almost 40 yrs. ago because of an uncle who had no family at the time - it's now grown to 10-12 people and my big event of the holidays. It's an all day party that ends with a nice dinner. Lots of work but it's a tradition now and lots of fun.

Melissa said...

I had a tree trimming party back when I lived in Tempe. I still have all the ornaments. And I remember them from the party!

Still haven't gotten the tree up. I want to do it this weekend! But the branches are all arranged finally. It's very pretty!