Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy St. Nicholas Day

It's the day to awake with gold covered chocolate coins and a gift in your shoes! I figured I'd celebrate on my blog by mentioning my current book for sale.

Rescued By the Magic of Christmas is only on the shelves for another few days though it will be available on-line after that. The story behind the story is on my website, but I haven't spent a lot of time talking about the book since I've been so busy with finishing and revising my current project. I thought I'd revisit a couple of things for any of you who might have be new to the blog and/or this story!

The Book Soundtrack: These are the songs I listened to over and over again while writing the book. It helped me get a feel for both the story and the characters so I could dive right into writing.

Carly's song: Where are you, Christmas? I remember watching the newscast of the missing climbers in 2006 and seeing Brian Hall's sister talking to reporters. I couldn't imagine what she was going through. Of course, that led to a what if question. What if she wasn't just the sister of one of the climbers, but the fiance of another. The first time I heard this song by Faith Hill, I immediately thought of my heroine Carly who not only lost her fiance and brother on the mountain, but also her dreams and Christmas.



Jake's song: First Time This song by Lighthouse seemed perfect for my mountain rescue hero. The lyrics really fit him and how he feels about Carly. I usually always have a Lighthouse song in every book soundtrack. I just love them!



Carly and Jake Romance song: Keep Holding On I couldn't find the official music video so went with my old X-Files standby. This song was very popular when the three climbers went missing on Mount Hood and from the time I started coming up with my romance novel knew it would part of the soundtrack.



Iain's song for Carly and Nick's song for Hannah: Wherever you will go I was driving in the car when this song came on the radio. I was trying to find a pencil and pen to write down some lyrics so I could google the title. I was also crying because the lyrics were perfect for what Iain and Nick would be thinking about Carly and Hannah.



A funny fictional Mountain Rescue newscast that still cracks me up:


Plight Of Missing Hikers Will Make Great Movie

Oh, yeah. If you want to know which tree I ended up buying, check yesterday's comments. Thanks for all your opinions!