Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Neglected Kitties

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

I've been wrapping presents, checking things off my To Do list, etc. The cats are not happy. It's not as if I'm ignoring them, but I have errands to run, holiday movies to watch, you get the idea.

I walked in the door last night to be greeted with meowing. My gray cat, Spirit, almost sounded like she was saying Maaaama. My brother in law swore she called for me by name when he stayed with them once. Spirit is the one who misses me the most. She'll hide under the bed if I go away and not come out. Sometimes for days if I'll be gone a long time.

How much did she miss me yesterday? Well, when I decided I'd earned a bath last night, my first soak in forever, she actually jumped up on the edge of the tub and sat with me the entire time I was in there. Since then I've been carrying her around and loving her as much as possible.

The only good thing to all of this is that the kitty - dog war seems to be lessening. They all want a piece of me so are sharing territory better. Spirit came within a couple of inches of Chaos and didn't hiss. That's a huge improvement. Fingers crossed it continues.

More snow is falling today so we won't be going anywhere when Wednesday is usually one of our busiest days out and about! I'm looking forward to the down time. More time with my kitties and doggy!

I'll post the tree pics tomorrow. I took before pictures, but forgot to do the after ones!

Hope you have a great day and stay warm if you have cold temperatures like us!

10 comments:

Virginia said...

Some kitties really enjoy a lot of love and attentions and some don't. My neighbors kitty you can't get close to and then there is another one around that is always rubbing on you and wanting to come in the house.

Have a great day!!!

Rottie_mom said...

Oh nice to be loved. My cats like a bit on one on one time with me, then they are off. All 3 dogs like being in the same room as me but dont feel the need to physically touch me, which my rottie always wanted to do. Darn I miss him.

Ok not to get sidetracked. Stay warm and dry!

Dru said...

The beauty with our furbabbies is that they give us unconditional love.

Enjoy your snow. I bet it's wonderful being inside while the snow is coming down. Mugs of hot cocoa, fireplace glowing..it sounds so peaceful.

Have a good Wednesday.

Brandy said...

All my sweeties want time like that with me, but Layla rules over them all. *G* Enjoy your day home and possible snow!

limecello said...

Awe... they loooooove you! How cute and sweet :)

I'm excited/nervous about going to dog sit (for a month!) tomorrow, but first I have to clean *my* house and it's such a mess I wish I could just leave it.

catslady said...

I'm sure they'll at least come to a truce with each other! My daughter visits with her puppy and once they leave my cats all want reassured lol. I actually had two of them on my lap at the same time which never happens lol.

We were extremely lucky and didn't get the ice storm that we were expected to get.

Jane said...

Yay. I hope the truce between Chaos and Spirit lasts.

Sarita Leone said...

It sounds like all is well at your house, for furry family members as well as the fur-free. I am glad to hear it. The peaceful times really are the best ones, I think.

Hope you enjoy another lovely day. I am going to finish up a few last-minute gifts, then bake cookies.

Thinking we'll have cookies for dinner tonight, LOL.

Marianne Arkins said...

My cat is neurotic -- I can't HOLD her, but she'll sit in my lap, so when I'm standing, she'll sit at my feet and cry and cry and cry and cry until I sit down.

I'm finally getting caught up on my blog reading after no power -- I missed you!!!

Melissa said...

I missed you, too, Marianne. And Sarita!

Seriously, if one of you regulars doesn't post after a couple of days, I wonder what's going on. At least with some of you I can check blogs but the others don't have them!