Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Fun

I had links for you on Wednesday. I have videos for you today. When you have a few minutes check out my faves from the week:

1. This has gone viral big time. I saw it Wednesday morning when the views were still under 100K. My favorite Super Bowl video. Budweiser wins again this year with the #BestBuds ad. The romance writer in me hopes the horse trainer gets the girl in the next one!




2. This is another Super Bowl ad. You won't be misty-eyed or have your heart sigh with this one, but you may get a chuckle. This Chevy ad makes me think of the Bar V5 dude ranch in my novella Home For Christmas! Enjoy!



3. This one features Derrick Coleman, a football player for the Seattle Seahawks, who is playing in the Super Bowl. He's deaf and paid a visit to two fans in New Jersey. Such a class act! You can also watch the KOMO news clip here.



4. This video is a PSA for wine lovers, a helpful hint on what to do if you are without a wine opener. I have no idea if this works, but I'm curious enough to try it. Though not with an expensive bottle!



5. The final video brought tears to my eyes. It's a Guinness about two sisters who have competed for the US in the winter Olympics. So worth a watch. The problem is YouTube was pulling it due to some Olympic rules about ads from non-sponsors. I can't embed it, but here's the link to the AdWeek article where I watched it. I hope they can keep the video live somehow.

Have a great Friday and weekend!

4 comments:

Quilt Lady said...

Thanks for the videos Budweiser is always my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Brandy said...

Budweiser makes the sweetest commercials. Have to say this one was rather cute.

dstoutholcomb said...

with the wine underpressure, I can see how that could work to get the cork out.

we were camping, a neighboring camper needed a corkscrew. my dad always had a toolbox or two in his pickup truck. he got it out mc gyver style with a screw and pliers.

Melissa McClone said...

Budweiser is always my favorites.

Your dad sounds like a very inventive guy! I want to see if this works. But haven't had time to try is since I'm behind on stuff right now and wine puts me to sleep. LOL!