Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A better day

My parents met me this morning in Portland and took Rose so I could climb at the gym. I had a blast. I worked out in the weight room for about 15 minutes then climbed with one of the women from my clinic. It was so much fun to watch her climb these really hard routes that I'm not close to being able to climb. But I felt really good because I'm getting back to where I was before getting sick. This morning was just what I needed to feel better, physically and emotionally. Afterwards I met my folks at the mall to pick up Rose and had lunch with them.

At Irish Dance, I got almost all my Christmas cards addressed. Now to stuff them tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow. A few addresses I know are wrong, but I forgot to input the changes from last year. Oops! But that's what happens during deadline time. Can I just say how relieved I am not to have a deadline hanging over my head right now.

Speaking of cards. When do you scratch someone from your Christmas card mailing list? Do you just keep people on your list whether you hear from them or not?

10 comments:

catslady said...

I usually wait until I don't get one the second time. I've learned through the years that an illness or death in the family or a move or even a divorce sometimes interferes with them not bothering with Christmas cards but if it happens twice in a row, I figure they just don't want to bother anymore. The exception would be someone very elderly who just can't manage sending cards but would still enjoy receiving them.
I just got mine out yesterday lol. Glad you're feeling better!

Brandy said...

We only do immediate family and a few friends. And those we usually do every year. *g*
Glad to hear that you had a good time today and that you feel better!

Have a fabulous wednesday!

Melissa said...

Thanks catslady! I think this is the last year I do the full list. I agree on the one year pass, but I've got several where we haven't heard from ever. Not even an email sometime during the year. Family will remain on the list no matter what, but everyone else who I haven't heard from is going to be deleted from the 08 card list!

Brandy - Thanks! I think a smaller list will be easier to handle. I ordered 200 cards this year! Add in the stamps, letter and time, it's way too much. Keeping in touch should work both way even if it's only once a year.

Marianne Arkins said...

I cut people this year -- postage is getting ridiculous. If I don't hear from them the year before, and don't keep in contact throughout the year in some way, then, no card.

I'm a big meanie.

:-)

Glad you're feeling better.

Melissa said...

Haha. Not a meanie, Marianne. You're smart. I wish I would have thought about this before I bought all the cards! Next year!

Nathalie said...

What we usually do is send cards to immediate family and to friends who have sent us a card. If they forget us one year - well everyone can do that! - we keep them on the list, however the second time is deadly!!

PS: A lot of my family happens to be in Europe or in the Middle East, we used to pay a fortune on postage and we had to write our cards in September... now ecards are so much easier :)

Tori Lennox said...

I've barely even THOUGHT about cards this year. Must get those out soon. But I figure if they go out before New Year's, I'm good. *g*

Dru said...

I used to send cards a lot of cards, then I cut it down to my immediate family, but when I was unemployed I couldn't send out cards and I haven't picked up the practice lately. This year I sent a few cards.

Melissa said...

Thanks for letting me know what you all do. I told hubby this morning when he called that this was the last year of the full card list. His reply, "About time!"

I mailed a bunch of cards out and will finish the rest tonight. I had a few addresses to look up! And there is one I can't find. But I know it's here somewhere.

windycindy said...

Hello, It seems I change what I do about Christmas cards almost every year. Now, I send back to who sends me. I think it is kind of silly to send them to people you see frequently! Cindi :)
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com