Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Shoes

On Marianne's blog she used goggle to come up with gifts she'd give to those who comment on her blog. Mine? Shoes. Since I love shoes, it's an absolutely perfect gift.

The one type of shoes I don't like though is Christmas Shoes. The song, that is. I cannot hear that play on the radio without crying. Okay, sobbing. It happened today again. Of course, I could just turn off the radio, but I was trying to keep both hands on the wheel as tears streamed down my face.

Warning and tissue alert: watch at your own risk!



What is it about that song that turns me into a quivering, tear-streaked mess? Are there any songs that do that to you?

7 comments:

Brandy said...

Everytime I hear this song on the radio I cry, I even try to switch the channel before the tears start, but I'm not always successful. *g* I'll be home for Christmas is another, especially the newest version with Josh Groban where he has the different service men and women saying messages to their families. I don't know if it's because Chris used to be in the service or the fact that I have a soft heart.....

Have a wonderful Saturday, I know your hubs is due back!

Dru said...

I've never heard of this song before nor have I seen the video and you're right, I needed a tissue.

Have a great Saturday with hubby returning and your family.

Happy Holidays!

Melissa said...

I haven't heard the Josh Grobin version of that song, Brandy. I'll have to take a peek on iTunes! Have you heard the Twas the Night before Christmas with Santa seeing the soldier. That one tugs on the heartstrings, too.

Thanks, Dru. Yep, a tissue song for sure. That's why I put the warning.

Nathalie said...

I have never heard that song... I have to say I am not a radio listener!

It sure is a song that brings up emotions!

catslady said...

Garth Brooks sings a song called The Gift - about the first nightingale song - makes me cry every time.

Marianne Arkins said...

That song makes me ball like a baby.. and, actually, so does the song that catslady mentioned. It's about the cease fire in WWII on Christmas.

Of course, I cry at the drop of a hat, so I'm not the best person to ask. My DD gets a kick out of it.

Melissa said...

Nathalie - I only listen to the radio in the car, and only something other than Radio Disney when I'm alone, which isn't often. But it never fails that song comes on the Christmas station whenever I'm on my own!

catslady - I haven't heard that song by Garth Brooks. I'll have to check it out.

Marianne - You are not alone. I cry easily too. Happy tears, sad tears. I'm the ultimate Hallmark commercial wuss!