Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Snowing!

The kidlets woke us up this morning at 8:15 am (can't complain about that!) laughing and shrieking with delight. White stuff was falling from the sky and they were so excited, but the best part, in their opinions, was that it was sticking to the grass. The pulled me out of bed and took me to the oldest's bedroom so I could see for myself. Yep, very exciting!

I told hubby last night to run out and get some groceries unless we wanted to survive on cookies, candy and fudge. He didn't, but there's still time this morning. We planned on skiing this week, but with the littlest one, taking her out for the first time of the season in bad weather might not be the smartest thing. She did it at Mount Bachelor, but that first day was a total wash.

I did, however, look for a place to rent for a few days during spring break up on Mount Hood. My oldest's birthday falls on Easter this year and she wants to ski (and stay there) rather than have a birthday party. (Do you hear the choirs of angels singing?) I found two possibilities that would work and are reasonably priced. Of course, she'd also like to climb and go on a dog sled ride, but both of those are over near Bend so might have to happen some other time.

I also reserved a yurt at Cape Disappointment for this summer. I'd forgotten to do it before due to the book and when I checked after the book had been sent in, nothing was available. The kids were really disappointed. Last night, with all this vacation planning happening, I checked again, and the same yurt we'd stayed in last year had three nights open in July. Someone must have changed their reservations. YAY! I booked it right then and there. The kids are thrilled.

Obviously, I'm a planner. Though I still like to do things spontaneously. What about you? Do you plan things out way in advance or not?

Have a great day!