Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A very good day!

I woke up this morning to an email from my editor.  The manuscript I turned in on December 2nd has been accepted with no revisions!  Huge sigh of relief.  She also said some really nice things about the story that has had me walking about ten feet off the ground all morning!

If you're interested in the follow-up to the Guardian article I blogged about last week, check out this great response/rebuttal  from author Mills & Boon historical author Louise Allen.

How is your day going?   Hope you're having as good a Wednesday as I am.

8 comments:

Brandy said...

That's fantastic news! Congratulations! Does this give you more time to do other things?

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

LASR Admin - Romance Reviews said...

Woo Hoo You!!! No revisions? Wowza!

Dru said...

Congratulations! That is great news! You should go out and celebrate.

I hope the rest of your day was a good one.

Melissa said...

Thanks all!

Brandy - it just means I can totally dive into the new book without worrying about having to rewrite this one! I've been hesitating on the new book just in case this one was coming back to me.

I was shocked, Marianne. But I really do tear things apart from the rough draft and my cp does not let me get away with anything so a lot of the revisions happen then.

I am going out to celebrate, Dru. I had planned a holiday get together with the Portland people from the climbing forum a couple of weeks ago and it happens to be tonight! Perfect timing!

Brandy said...

Have a wonderful time and thank you for answering my question!

Anne D. said...

Accepted with NO revisions?

You are MADE OF WIN, Melissa! Congrats. What a nice holiday present. :-)

Tori Lennox said...

Awesome news, Melissa!!!

Nathalie said...

No revisions... that must be great :)

Congrats!!