Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Win, Lose...or Wed!

My book goes on sale today! Yep, this is the second shameless self promoting post for year. What can I say? I write books, it would be nice if people read them. Even nicer if they bought them! Hint. Hint.

Okay, hopefully I've appeased the hubby now about why I have this blog. Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I just finished all the extras I need to send my editor for Christmas on the Mountain. Now all I have to do is wait for revisions.

Last night was TV night. I missed Chuck again except for the last couple of minutes (which were very good.) But I was totally disappointed with last night's Heroes. I really wanted to like it. I wanted to find myself on the edge of my seat like the end of last season. I did love what happened to Adam, very clever of Hiro and I wouldn't expect any less from him. But the rest of the show? Just didn't work for me.

** Spoiler and Rant Alert **

Why kill a hero when she was going to die anyway from the virus? Were they trying to say the virus killed her anyway by stripping her of powers that would have allowed her to survive? Yes, Nicki showed she was a true hero, powers or not, by rescuing and saving Monica, but I felt cheated. There was nothing that stabbed at the heart, no reaction except for me to wonder if this was one of the parts they changed due to the WGA strike.

And the same with the ending. Um, were the writers trying to do some kind of parallel with Claire and her biological father both wanting to tell the public about their powers yet have the HRG man stop them? Seemed weak and lazy, if that was the case. And so what if Nathan got shot? We know Peter's blood will save him. After all, Claire's blood saved another gunshot wound victim earlier in the episode. And did anyone think for a second Sylar wouldn't be back cured and ready to kill again?

Let's hope the writer's strike gives Heroes' creative staff time to get their mojo back because it seems to have gone missing. And I'd hate to think my favorite show will end up like LOST.

** End Spoiler and Rant Alert **

This afternoon, we will brave the rain and the traffic hassles it brings when we head down to Portland for Irish dance classes. But until then, I'm going to take the rest of the day off from writing and see if I can finally make it start looking like Christmas around here.

What are your plans?

16 comments:

windycindy said...

Hi, My elderly dad and I go to breakfast every Tuesday morning and then to Walmart! We also go on Fridays! It gets him and me out of our houses! Take care and best wishes! Cindi
jchoppes@hotmail.com

Nathalie said...

If you were not to do some promoting while blogging... what's the point, right ;)

Hope sales are going to be great for this one!

Marianne Arkins said...

I'll be buying it ... since chocolate didn't work *G*.

And, see... glad, again, that I've stopped watching Heroes.

Honestly? Don't miss it at all...

tetewa said...

Sounds like a great read, I'm currently reading On the Prowl an anthology by Karen Chance along with 3 other authors. tWarner419@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new book and I can't wait for something good to come on tv!

Candy
cgorcsi@hotmail.com

Melissa said...

Cindi - that's great you and your dad get out like that. My dad used to come up once a week and help me with the kids before we moved. He'd bring breakfast and then take my son out to lunch plus do all the drop-offs and pick-ups and speech appointments. It was awesome. But best of all, the kids got to spend time with their grandfather. You can't beat that.

Nathalie - hubby will appreciate your comment. I just got back from Borders where I purchased a copy of my book. I like to buy one when they first go on sale. One of those writer habit/traditions.

Marianne - wait until your package arrives :) I'm behind on mailing.

tetewa - thanks for posting and welcome. Fingers crossed others think it's a good read. I did have fun writing it. Hmm. On the Prowl. The title makes me think paranormal as in werewolves or something!

Candy - thanks and nice to see you stop by. Yes, the shows are coming to an end with this strike. I hope they figure something out soon!

Dru said...

oh man, I just ordered books from both B&N and Amazon. I have your book listed as a 12/31 on sale date in my book database. Darn, let me see if I can add your book to my shipment. I'll be back.

Dru said...

I'm back! I was able to add your book on my amazon order and I will get it next week. B&N says it will take 2-3 days before you can get the book. Last time a book said that, it took a week.

I hear there are some terrible flooding in the Portland area. Stay safe and dry.

Nathalie said...

Bying your own book... Very funny!

Actually I will wait to buy yours when it hits stores here... they are always a few days late! I just saw a book from November that I wanted to buy! What can I say... pathetic.

Bailey Stewart said...

Worked today. Didn't harm any customers.

But I may kill a cat before the evening is over.

Brandy said...

YAY! Another Melissa Book! Can't wait to get out of the house and go see it (in my cart! *g*)
And today? I have been "resting" and making plans for Christmas Eve.

Have a fantastic time at Irish Dance and be careful with the rain!

Martha said...

Love your blog!!

Happy Holidays

Melissa said...

Love you, Dru! Thank you so much! I checked my Amazon rankings a few times today. Gotta stop worrying about stuff out of my hands!

I get a kick out of buying my own book, Nathalie. And plus it comes in handy. We don't get that many free books so I always have to buy more so I don't run out.

Haha Bailey. Lucky customers. Hope the kitty survived.

Thanks, Brandy. Hope you feel rested. What kind of plans? I was also trying to figure out our Christmas Eve. We always go to Mass. And we always have brunch in the morning at my family's. that's our family Christmas. Last year after church we went over to my parents' but we got home really late and the kids were so tired. We might just go to an early Mass with them then stop at a restaurant in Portland for dinner on the way home. That way we can be home around 7 or 8 and have time to open our traditional one gift (pjs) and read Christmas stories and the Bible together.

Thanks, great to have you stop by Martha!

Melissa said...

I should clarify. My family Christmas Eve Brunch is at my parents's hour with my sister and her family, us and my parents. We celebrate Christmas with hubby's brother on Christmas night!

Nathalie said...

You don't get enough of your books... I thought they gave the authors a full box. I guess we don't know the size of the box ;)

Brandy said...

Christms Eve will be spent at the Out-Laws unwrapping gifts and with a light supper. Then we might go to Midnight Mass.