Friday, December 26, 2008

I haz sick kidlets

Hope you had a nice Christmas! Ours was wonderful. The kidlets loved all their gifts. We had a very relaxing day just the five of us, three cats and dog. Santa was good to everyone! Even the furbabies!

Today, we decided to venture out. The roads are still horrible in our neighborhood, but the only place the kids have gone in over a week is church yesterday. They were getting a bit cabin crazy. We hit the stores to buy wrapping paper, tags, bows and white elephant gifts for our rescheduled family Christmas Eve celebration that'll be at my house on Tuesday.

The littlest one was not a happy camper while we were out. Okay, she was downright miserable and a real pain to tell the truth. I looked at her glassy eyes and knew. Her croupy cold has turned into something more. My oldest is also coming down with something. To make it a hat trick today, my middle hit his foot on something in the garage helping me out there and now has a very bruised toe and a bad limp.

Needless to say, I wish I could turn the clock back to our peaceful, wonderful Christmas day! Instead, I got to take care of sick kidlets. We took it really easy this afternoon. When the little one woke up from her nap, we all watched Beauty and the Beast's Enchanted Christmas. I have a feeling there will be lots of movie watching, napping and cuddling until they feel better.

How was your Christmas? Did you go out to find any bargains today?

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals


funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

9 comments:

Dru said...

how do you find the right kitty pictures to use in your blog?

I love the second one with the kitty sitting on the branch.

I'm so sorry the kidlets are feeling under the weather. I hope they feel better soon. BTW, how's hubby doing?

I bet it felt good to get out of the house because of all that snow (yeah, I'm not really jealous) you guys got.

The only bargain hunting I did was find a replacement printer.

Have a good Saturday.

Virginia said...

I hope the kidlets are feeling better soon. At least they made it through Christmas and you had a great one.

We had a good Christmas here, no one has gotten sick except my 1 year old niece and she had an ear infection and pink eye on Christmas eve.

catslady said...

So sorry you got so many sick ones. My niece with 7 kids all got sick too so we didn't get together with family and I'm waiting for my daughter to come home tomorrow for our own Christmas.

I have a cat that looks just like the kitten on the left up in the tree. Luckily with a real tree they never bother it!!

Amy said...

Hugs on the sick kidlets! And OUCH to son's toes! Yikes!

Glad you got out to do some bargain hunting. I need to hit a store and get some underbed boxes for 10's new bed frame, but other than that we're hanging out at home.

Jane said...

Hope the kids feel better soon. I won't be shopping this weekend. We're just going to stay home and relax.

Brandy said...

I hope the kidlets feel better soon! Ouch on the toe! Hugs to them all!
No bargain shopping here yesterday or today, just regular groceries! *G*

I hope your day goes well!

Marianne Arkins said...

Poor kidlets! Poor you!!

Hang in there.

limecello said...

Awe - poor kidlet - hope she feels better - and what cute lolcat pics!

Rottie_mom said...

Hope everyone is feeling better!