Monday, November 07, 2011

Cats and Jack

funny pictures - Ah, quit your screaming.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Today I'm guest blogging at Long and Short Reviews. Stop by LASR and say hi! Here's the link.

A friend from high school posted a link to this Simon's Cat cartoon on my Facebook wall this morning. It pretty much shows what I go through when I try to write. The only difference is I have more cats and a dog to deal with! Enjoy!



On a sadder note, Jack the Cat who was lost at JFK had to be euthanized yesterday. His condition had worsened and he was suffering. I'm so sad for his owner Karen and his aunt Mary Beth and all the Friends of Jack who have been praying and pulling for this kitty since he went missing in late August.

Here's a link to a picture of the Karen and Jack taken on Saturday. Having been through this recently with Smalls, my heart is breaking for her. I can't imagine the emotion of having lost Jack, then found him, only to lose him again.  I really thought he would pull through.

Jack pulled people together from all over the world. The Friends of Jack (FOJ) are a group of strangers who came together because of a lost cat. So far the likes on Jack's Facebook page are over 24K and growing. They searched for him at JFK, contacted businesses around JFK, saved cats rounded up by the Port Authority during the search for Jack, prayed for him  and yesterday, when the news was posted, cried.

Now is time for mourning, but this incident as well as American Airlines response to Jack being lost isn't going to be forgotten by the Friends of Jack. Calls for reform to the transport of animals by airlines have begun. According to Mary Beth, Jack's aunt who was also the administrator on the Facebook page, a website is going to be created in addition to keeping Jack's page going.

RIP Jack. I hope you know how many people love you! We were praying and pulling for you, handsome boy. You will live on with all of us who have been touched by your story and with those JFK cat who have now found forever homes because of you! I've been imagining you playing with Smalls and Lil' Pumpkin at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope you're having fun!