Saturday, November 05, 2011

Trapped!

funny pictures - Do you know the password?  Seriously, I can't get out of here!
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This picture is perfect for the morning I had. One of my kitties needed a password this morning!

When I woke up and went downstairs to feed the cats, one was missing. Given this was Rocket, my fat cat, who lives for his wet food I knew something was wrong. I did a quick search of the house. No Rocket. I grabbed a bag of treats and shook it as I made another pass. Still nothing.

My concern ratcheted. Rocket is the kind of cat who would never pass up a treat.

I phoned hubby who was already at a swim meet with our youngest. No he hadn't seen Rocket this morning. No he hadn't opened any doors to the outside except when they'd left. And no Rocket hadn't been there to get out.

I was pretty confident Rocket was in the house, but where. Even though we keep most of the doors shut to keep the cats out of the kids room and playroom, I went through the entire upstairs and looked in each closet. I checked under beds and on window sills, shaking the treat bag the entire time.

I called hubby again a little more panicked. He said to check under the buffet in the dining room. It's built-in, but there is a little space.

As I got closer to it, I shook the treats and yelled his name. I heard a noise. I knew it wasn't Yoda, who had been following me around on my search. He doesn't make a lot of sounds. I called again. This time I heard Rocket's distinct meow. It was coming from inside the buffet.

What?

I opened the doors and he jumped out. Meowing and not looking too happy. He is the kind of cat who likes sleep inside things, but I guess he must have gotten trapped somehow last night or this morning! Poor baby. He's not happy, either. When I tried to pick him up he hissed.

But he's had his wet food and some treats. A nap, and I hope he'll be back to his old self.

Hope you have a nice Saturday!