Saturday, April 07, 2012

Random Saturday

funny cat pictures - Fancy Cat
see more

Too cute! I couldn't resist this LOLcat given I wrote two books with royal weddings. I love royalty and weddings so a wonderful combination. If you're curious about the stories they are Expecting Royal Twins (Kindle version on sale for $2.99) and Not-So-Perfect Princess. The second book features a black kitten who was modeled after my cat Yoda when he was younger!

All the kidlets are home and accounted for! I sure missed them. The cats, not so much. But they are enjoying the extra sets of hands to rub them. Hubby and I can only do so much!

The one thing I noticed when I picked up my daughter at the airport last night was she looked tired. It was 11 o'clock our time so even later for her body clock. The second thing I noticed was her lack of make-up. She's 14 and never goes out unless her hair is done and make-up on. She's even willing to get up early to make that happen. For those who know me, I promise she's my kid, but yes, I find it strange also.

I asked one of the chaperones about the lack of make-up because it was so not her. I was told she cried it all off in D.C. saying goodbye to the group of kids from Palm Springs who were part of her tour group. I guess everyone was crying, including the tour guide. My daughter's school group departed first and the California kids walked them to the door and stood at the window while the plane left. I was told everyone was crying both on the airplane and in the terminal. They all really bonded over the last eight days.

Today is going to be about prepping for the big family gathering tomorrow. I still have some eggs to stuff and some things to buy at the store. I also need to wash my new Easter tablecloth for the kitchen table that I got with my Kohl's cash a couple of days ago. It's so cute. I don't decorate until after the Easter Vigil tonight, but I'll have everything ready so it shouldn't take me too long. I love Easter! I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

What are you up to?