Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lazy days of summer

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Cloud watching sounds really good to me. Even though we took Sunday off and relaxed by the pool at the hotel in Seattle, I'm ready for a vacation.

This is one of those weeks I can't wait for it to end. I'm so ready for Friday. I'm trying to juggle three different kidlets with camps all of which happen at the same times on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Finn was supposed to be in all three. He's had to pick and choose between Altar Server training and Soccer Camp. He gave up completely on even trying to make any of the Irish dance camp.

Thankfully not all weeks are crazy like this. I limited camps this summer due because of swim team for all three. And I know they are just as happy playing outside with their friends in the neighborhood and occasionally staring up at the clouds.

I was thinking back to when I was a kid. Talk about lazy days of summer. I never attended summer camp. Not even a day camp. Unless you count marching band camp in high school. But that was really a school activity to prepare the band for football season and half-time shows.

Maybe times have just changed or my mom just wasn't into planning that sort of thing. I know a few of my friends went to week long camps, but I never knew there were day camps like the ones my kids attend.

What about you? Did you attend camp as a kid?