Thursday, July 29, 2010

RWA Orlando

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

The Romance Writers of America national conference kicked off last night in Orlando with a huge booksigning to benefit literacy. The last time I attended the conference was back in 2008 when it was in San Francisco. I was bummed about not going this year when I read about people packing for the conference and planning to visit all the theme parks in the area.

I'd love to see my friends, Sr. Editor and agent. The annual Friday night Harlequin party is always a blast, too. I've never been to Disney World, either.

But I have to be honest, with two deadlines a day apart and a proposal waiting for my return, if I took any time off right now, I want to go on a vacation where I wouldn't have to think about the business of writing or dress up or network. I've been daydreaming about taking a vacation. Something more than a weekend hanging out at a hotel while the kids Irish dance.

Are you taking a vacation this summer? If you could go anywhere, where would you go?