Friday, July 16, 2010

Best Mom Ever

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Isn't that a sweet LOLcat? Of course it also says something about how kids (whether human or fur-covered) think. In their minds, the "best" mom in the world is the one giving them what they want whether it's "nom" or permission to watch television or a million other things.

Kids don't seem to understand that the best mom is one who sets boundaries. That there is actually some wisdom to my not letting a seven year old kidlet play in the front yard without someone older than her out there, too. That ketchup and french fries aren't the number one vegetable choice. And that staring at the television screen for extended periods of time just isn't healthy, especially on a sunny, beautiful day!

That means I'll never be up for "best" mom, but the kidlets sure do think I'm a top ten contender for "meanest" mom in the world. If I had a nickel for every time I was called "mean" I could have afforded a new car instead of a used one! But if being "mean" is what's best for my three, then I'll wear the title proudly.