Sunday, August 05, 2012

Baby Lion

funny pictures - Animal Capshunz: I Just Can't Wait to be King
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

Yesterday I took my oldest daughter and my niece to the Clark Country Fair. We wanted to check out the 4-H Cats, who are on display through today. It was a gorgeous, blue-sky day, but the temperatures were predicted to be hot! Getting two fourteen year old girls out the door before ten wasn't easy, but we did it!

This is our third year of 4H and our third year attending. The same vendors are in the same spots. Oh, a few new things are there. Wine slushies are everywhere. But it's nice to know where things are.

By noon, we were burning up. I suggested we take a peek at the exotic animal display put on by A Walk On The Wild Side (if you click on the link make sure your volume is down or off because they have music on the site), get them milkshakes then head home since there was still a swim meet last night.

Oh my goodness. They had an eight week old lion. Everyone was sighing. Talk about cute. Adorable. Insert favorite baby adjective here.

I love cats. I really love big cats. I was head over heels in love.

The girls decided they'd rather spend the $10 I'd said we use for their milkshakes on a picture with the baby lion. For that price, you got to hold the kitty, get a photo taken and then time to pet the cutie cat. So we got in line.

It moved relatively quickly. It was hard to complain because we were in the shade, surrounded by other animals and they were very generous with the time they allowed you to spend with the lion. That boded well for all of us.

About two groups ahead of us the cub fell asleep, reminding me so much of the kitties we've had in the house. The staff member said they didn't know when the lion would wake up, but no one cared. Alseep or awake, the lion was still amazing.

When our turn arrived, I let the girls do the holding while I stood back and took additional pictures with my daughter's iTouch. Then we were all allowed to pet the baby. I was so excited when the cup opened his eyes. I didn't want to stop petting. To be honest, I didn't want to say goodbye, but unfortunately adoption isn't an option! I'm sure my neighbors and my other cats would have something to say about that if it were.

All I can say is best $10 spent in a very long time!