Monday, July 24, 2006

Hot! Hot! Hot!

The temps in the NW have surpassed 100 degrees. Unfortunately we decided to wait to put in air conditioning. Luckily we spent this weekend in Seattle at an Irish Dancing Feis so I'm hoping we missed the worst of it. Too bad the house was over 90 degrees when we got home last night. My poor furbabies (aka cats) are miserable. Spirit just pants. It's so sad. We keep trying to cool her off, but that just seems to upset her more. I'm praying today will be cooler.

In Seattle, we visited IKEA for the first time. That place is totally overwhelming with warehouse after warehouse of covered parking. Not the kind of place you run into to grab an item. We went there for a Gubbo chair for my son's room. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued. Now I'll need to find something else that looks "space-like" for his Star Wars room.

I had great plans to work on the new proposal this weekend, but the kids wanted to spend their non-dancing time in the pool and it was more fun to be with them. Of course that now means a week of late nights to catch up. Oh well... Nothing new!

My friend Debbie highly recommended Jodi Picoult books to me when she was here last weekend. I've been reading a couple non-fiction books right now that are pretty heavy (lots of footnotes) and could use a good fiction one.

Many of my writer friends are heading to Atlanta this week for the Romance Writers of America's national conference. Both my agent and my editor will be there, too. But I'll be here. With the kids. The cats. And no a/c. The not-so-glamorous life of a mom/writer!