Monday, July 31, 2006

Love and donuts

My three year old told me this morning, "You don't love me, Mommy."

I asked why.

She said because I didn't have any donuts for her to eat for breakfast. Then she announced how she didn't like daddy because he had eaten all the donuts. I didn't tell her that daddy prefers bagels to donuts, and that I was probably the one who ate the last donut hole while she was at her Nana and Papa's. That might not be such a good idea when she is going on and on about how I hurt her heart. With her tears and long-drawn out sobs, she might actually have a future in acting.

I know all she needs right now is to go back to bed. We were out really late last night at a friend's house (great food and company and about 20 kids running all over the place), but she woke up at the same time she always does. Unfortunately that means only one thing for the rest of us... It's going to be a really long day.