Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mommy Time Off

In a couple of hours, I get to hop in my hubby's car and head north. Alone. I get the next day all to myself. I'm so excited. I'm staying at a B&B right on the waters of the Puget Sound and attending a BBQ at a writer friend's house.

I really need a break from everyday life! Even if it's only 30 hours.

Update:
- my author pages (proofs/galleys) arrived for MARRIAGE FOR BABY on Monday and I started reading through them yesterday

- saw THE DEVIL WORE PRADA with my friend, Patricia, on Friday night. I enjoyed it. Pure chick flick. Loved Nigel. Hated how unsupportive her friends were, however. "Gee Andi, you've really changed and I hate this new you who has to work all the time and dress nice and give us all these expensive gifts. But can I have the $1000 purse?" With friends like that, including her whiney boyfriend, she'd be better off with the clackers at Runway and that writer dude, Christian. I never read the book so I'm not sure how the adaption was.

- submitted more ideas to my editor. She didn't like the original one I'd sent her.

- been doing the Sonoma Diet and losing weight. I am now back to my weight on the November 1, deadline date. Now to lose a few more pounds and I'll be a very happy camper.

That's about it for now!