Saturday, August 09, 2008

Citius, altius, fortius

I (and the three kidlets) ended up being gone from 9 am until 7 pm yesterday. That made for a very long day. But I managed to plot out a new book that hit me at the conference that I wanted to jot down before I forgot it and read Harlequin Presents author Sharon Kendrick's The Greek Tycoon's Baby Bargain while sitting at the Irish dance studio and in my car during Crossfit Kids. Last night, we filled our bowls with kettle corn and enjoyed watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics. I must admit not having the teams in alphabetical order was a little weird at first, but after awhile the randomness (at least random to someone who does not understand the Chinese symbols that they used to order the parade of countries) was kind of fun! And then the kidlets started counting down the countries passing by when the announcers finally said how far away the US team was! Since I'm a huge Olympics fan, I'm thrilled the Games at Bejing are finally here. I will watch more TV the next couple of weeks than I have all year! Sure the Olympics are not all sunshine and rainbows with scandals and politics that have and will continue to erupt as the flame burns, but the dedication of the athletes and the ideals behind the Games hit me right at my heart. I love them! Let the Games begin! Here's an quiz about the Olympics. I got 77%. What's your Olympic IQ?