Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gold! Silver! Again!

Yesterday's gymnastics results were a big improvement over the past few days. Congrats to Shawn Johnson for gold, Nastia Luikin for silver and Jonathan Horton for silver.

I've really been enjoying the Olympics, but I just can't stay up that late anymore. I'm glad gymnastics is over except for the exhibition by the champions. There are other sports I still want to watch, but a decent bedtime is more important right now.

Yesterday afternoon, I was on the bed with Spirit. Chaos jumped up and was right next to me and the cat. Needless to say, Spirit was not a happy girl. She doesn't mind sharing the bed with the dog if they are on opposite sides, but she wasn't about to let Chaos so close. Without a warning, not even a growl, she took her paw to Chaos hind quarters. Bad kitty! But I had to laugh this morning when I saw this picture:

cat
more cat pictures

This continues to be the kitties excuse when they get in trouble. Yes, iKitty-Dog war continues. Rocket and Chaos are doing much better since the cat realized running was a bad idea. They will even sleep in the bathroom (tile floor that is cool) and be only a few feet apart (with Rocket higher, of course, which brings back memories of Star Wars ROTS and Obi-Wan telling Anakin it was over because he had the high ground!) Smalls continues to avoid the dog at all costs, but she will join the other two cats on the bed now if I'm there. I'm coming to the realization this is just how life will be from now on. No cute pictures of all my fur babies cuddled together for naps. No family portraits with all nine of us. But I can live with that.

I just realized this is a really random post! Olympics, pets, I guess the only thing left to discuss is weather.

The heat wave has finally broken here and we're back to overcast skies and rain. Lots and lots of rain. How are things in your corner of the world?