Thursday, August 14, 2008

Snoozeville

Staying up late to watch the Olympics caught up with me last night. I first fell asleep during the US women's beach volleyball match. The kidlets woke me up, but then it was a competition of my own to see if my interest in watching or my tiredness would win out. I struggled to stay awake and managed to catch the first four rotations of the men's all around in gymnastics. The next thing I knew, however, my neck was killing me and there was some infomercial about a roaster/cooker device that would simplify my life and make my family so very happy.

It was also two o'clock in the morning. Yikes!

Oh, well... maybe I'll have better luck tonight. I did work hard yesterday. I took Elizabeth Boyle's new and improved The Plan template that I'd recently received and added a daily part so that I could add in my time and pages each day and it would be automatically put into the original spreadsheet part her husband designed. I also came up with The Plan for my new manuscript. And I wrote eight pages. Yay, the plan is already working! Of course, I only managed to do this because our neighbor invited our kids to her house in the afternoon because it was so hot outside and she has a/c!

It's going to be even hotter today. A new heat wave is hitting the PNW. I don't do well in the heat so I may have to find creative and free ways/places to go to keep all of us cool.

Here's a story from the BBC news on my publisher Mills & Boon. There is a video clip on how to write a book for them, too!

Today I'll be trying to stay cool and get a few more pages written. What about you?