Monday, December 25, 2006

Love's Pure Light

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful day whether you celebrate this 25th day of December or not.

Last time I checked NORAD, Santa was heading West so I'm about to crawl into bed and hope I wake up this Christmas morning with my voice back! Those late nights may have finally caught up with me. Reading stories to the kidlets before they went to bed didn't help, but it's tradition and they enjoyed the stories: The Polar Express, The Donkey's Dream, The Night Before Christmas and What Star Is This.

Later today, after the presents are opened and the kidlets have settled down, we'll read the story of Jesus' birth in Luke and let them act it out using the figures from the Nativity scene we have set up under the tree. Speaking of which...

Sitting in Mass at my parents' church, we watched children from the parish process down the aisle dressed like figures from the Nativity scene. Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, a choir angels, shepherds and a whole lot of kings (with a couple queens tossed in, too!) Following the priest's Blessing of the Crib, we sang Silent Night. The third stanza really resonated with me (love is what this day is all about!) so I'll leave you with that:

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face,
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth.


Wishing you peace, joy and love!

Melissa
xoxox