Sunday, December 24, 2006

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Okay, it's actually the day before Christmas, but somewhere east of us in the world it's night!

Yesterday, I ended up cutting Belize as one of the race locales from the book. I had a couple of really cool tasks lava tubing and descending on ropes through this cave. But I realized I needed to be in Guatemala instead. So I cut ten pages (that really hurt I will admit) and took my hero and heroine to Guatemala City and then onto the market at Chichicastengo. It works better now, but with such a tight deadline I hate losing pages. I wasn't planning to write today, but it looks like I might have to since I'm even further behind. But I'll see how I feel about it later.

We're about to head down to Salem, the capitol of Oregon, to spend the day with my family, then we'll be home tonight to open one gift (always pajamas) and leave a plate of cookies out for Santa.

Good luck with all your last minute preparations!