Friday, December 01, 2006

Here we go again...

So it's official! I've sold three books to Harlequin Romance. The three books, part of two contracts, consist of the continuity book I mentioned awhile back, the LAST MAN ON EARTH proposal I sent in before Thanksgiving and what's known as a "blind" book, meaning there is no book or proposal or even an idea yet. It's something I'll come up with once these other two projects are done.

I'm excited, yet nervous. LAST MAN ON EARTH is due on January 31st. That's two months to write a book with a little holiday called Christmas falling during that time! So starting tomorrow I'm going to be tracking my progress on the diary. I need something to keep me on the straight and narrow so I get this done. ON TIME. There is no wiggle room with this deadline. And as soon as I finish, I have to start on the next one that is due June 1st. And that one doesn't even have a proposal. YIKES!

I wasn't totally insane, however. I got more time to write the third book since I'll have the kidlets home with me during the summer. The final book is due December 1st, exactly one year from today. An entire year of deadlines!

Be careful what you wish for is all I can say. Please wish me luck and send me lots of virtual chocolate. I'm going to need it!