Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Gratitude

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

Last night, another mom and I taught a lesson on gratitude to a group of girls ages 10 to almost 13. I remember years ago hearing about a Gratitude Journal on Oprah, buying one and doing it every single night. In case you missed that, it was a pretty book and you could buy a matching journal to write five things you were grateful for each day. Somewhere along the line I either misplaced the book or got out of the habit. Probably about the time I got pregnant or had a baby.

But talking to the girls last night reminded me how much I take for granted. That is, I don't always express my gratitude as much as I should. A heartfelt word of thanks can go a long way.

We all had to make resolutions to do in the next three days. Here's one of mine:

I want to thank all of you who read this blog. I know how precious time is and I appreciate you stopping by to my little spec in the vast cyberworld.

To those who post comments, thank you, thank you, thank you! I love hearing what you think and what's going in on your life. I often speak of you to my family. You're known as mommy's blog friends!

Love,
Melissa

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thank you! For writing the blog and for being a true friend and inspiration.

Dru said...

Those are beautiful words. I say thank you for all the little things, like holding the door or receiving a package. It makes me feel good and I hope the receiver as well.

So thanks for letting us come into your life.

limecello said...

Awe - thanks, Melissa! And, what a great post.

It's nice to stop and really think about the little things we have that are so easily taken for granted. I like that.

Elizabeth Boyle said...

I'm just so grateful to have you as a friend--someone who I share so many things with. Thank you, Melissa!

Rottie_mom said...

Great post. I enjoy coming over here and getting a peak into your life (I admit Im nosy lol).
It is the small things that make me the happiest.

Oh forgot to say I got "lady and the vamp" in the mail about a week ago. Thank you for sending it!

Virginia said...

Thanks Melissa, for having this blog for us to visit. We enjoy hearing about whats going on in your life. That was a very sweet thing for you to say to us!! Thanks for spending time with us.

Amy said...

Thanks to you, too, M! It's tough to put yourself out there. I always know when I come here that I'm going to feel pretty darn good when I leave. Not many blogs do that, you know?

Have a wonderful day.

Tori Lennox said...

I'm very thankful for the wonderful friends I've made via my blog and the friends I've reconnected with after a long time. :)

Brandy said...

Thank you Melissa, for being such a lovely woman, a good friend and a writer. And for letting see a glimpse of what makes you-you! *G*



(I've been really scatterbrained lately and forgot to let you know the Susan Grant book arrived lately.) Thank you.

catslady said...

The feeling is mutual! I have about 3 blogs that I talk about or show to my family and this is one. It's a nice thing to go to sleep on - the good things that happened that day!

Jane said...

We feel the same way about you, Melissa.