Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Organizing

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

Tonight Mackenna's drama class did a bunch of improv exercises at an Open House. One of them had the kids acting like statues in a store you could turn on to see if you wanted to buy them. Mackenna and a friend were a pair of statues. When you turned them on, one slapped the other saying, "He likes me!" The other slapped back saying, "He likes me!" It was so funny. The entire room was laughing.

The only one not totally amused was hubby. The idea of boys and his daughter do not go over well. He's finally cool with the Jonas Brothers, but that's about it. The next ten to twenty years are going to be really difficult for him!

Today I worked some on the continuity. A cool 3 in 1 book with the first three Wedding Planners books arrived from England. And I started putting stuff together for our taxes. The info is starting to arrive in the mail so I thought I'd get organized. 2009 is my year of organization. It wasn't a resolution per se, but a goal.

I'll admit the organizing isn't going that great so far, but it's only January. There are still eleven more months for me to get my act together. I bought a nifty chore list calendar from Motivated Moms to help me stay (okay, get) on track. I'd do better with it though if I could remember where I put it!

Yes, I need to organize my organizing tools. Pretty sad, but what can I say?

So who out there is totally organized? And who is more like me?

11 comments:

Dru said...

I'm totally organized to a point of, perhaps being anal. We could be planning something spontaneous, but somehow, it will be organized.

Have a good Wednesday.

Rottie_mom said...

OMG love the pic, too funny. I know my dad still is worried about the whole my 2 daughters and guys thing and Im 33 and my sis is 26 lol.

Im pretty organized but it also depends on what it is related to. My time tends to be very scheduled since I have multiple pets, take care of other people's pets, work full time, try to get to the gym, and not forget to get some reading in lol.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Amy said...

ROFLMAO on daughter/boys/dad. She's at that age. It's all downhill from here....

On being organized. I am VERY organized in some respects, but a total mess in others. It's a slow process, I think. Tackle one thing at a time and you'll get there. My next project is the master bedroom because I just can't stand it anymore. Oh, and the photos. And the office. And the kitchen....

Good luck!

limecello said...

The pic! Hah! And how cute about the acting class! :)

As for organization... can we say "organized chaos"? I know where things are better in clutter than when everything is put away.
And... yeah - I either remember it, or bust. (I've done pretty well thus far!) I've never been into organizers/calendars etc. :X

Marianne Arkins said...

Yes, I need to organize my organizing tools. Pretty sad, but what can I say?

ROFLOL...

I'm a freak about being organized. Judy tells me I'm "TYPE A PLUS" -- She's very Type B, so it's a wonder we work so well together.

I already have all my tax stuff organized. Now, I just need to get all the info input and filed.

I hate taxes. I'm so pro-flat tax, it's not even funny. That would be SO much easier...

Melissa said...

All you organizers! Share your hints please. Just today I spent fifteen minutes searching for a book I'd just had in my hand last night. It even meant attempts at folding laundry to see if it was under there. But I found the book later under papers. Not sure what it was doing under there at all! I hate this!

Cheri2628 said...

I can organize my TIME pretty well. I have a planner, and I am a notorious list-maker.

It's my STUFF that isn't organized. I have piles of papers and books. I periodically go through them, but things pile up faster than I can keep up!

Brandy said...

I am organized, to the point where even my receipts are filed. *G* My bills are filed, after I pay them, and dated as well. *G* The kids are messy and it drives me batty. I try to keep their mess contained, but their rooms give me shivers! *G* I have baskets and boxes for everything. *G*

And I hear you on the Dad/Daughter thing! Daughter is 13 and when her Dad notices that she's not little anymore he ducks his head back in his shell and ignores it! *G*

Jane said...

I'm pretty messy, but I can usually find what I need.

catslady said...

I'd make you look very, very neat. What can I say - I'm a pack rat lol.

Love the pic - what our poor animals have to put up with sometimes lol.

You just have to hope by the time they start dating that what you've taught them has sunk in. They also have to learn what they don't want!

Sarita Leone said...

There are points where I"m very organized; others where my world is just nuts. I'm hopeful that I'll get the nutty bits under control this year.

Good luck with your organizing! I'll be looking forward to hints and tips, and to see how you're doing with it.

At least you found your book. *G*