Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reading Time

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

That picture just cracked me up! Last night I burned the top of my left hand. It's pretty nasty looking with a nickel sized blister. A good thing I'm on a reading binge right now rather than a writing one!

My RITA books arrived. Every year the Romance Writers of America put on a contest for published authors called the RITA. The judges are published authors. I like to get them done right away, especially when I know I'll be working toward a deadline very, very soon.

So far I've read two books, both new to me authors. I'm on my third and enjoying my reading time so much! Usually reading turns into a low priority when I'm really into working on a book.

I can't say what books I've read, but what about you? What are you reading right now?

9 comments:

Dru said...

I just finished Mayhem in High Heels by Gemma Halliday and I loved it. It's the final book in the series.

I don't know what I'll be reading next, but most likely it will be one of the library books that I have.

Sorry about the burn. Did you put something on it? I hope it's healing and feels better today.

limecello said...

Ooo - exciting! I'm... in the middle of Caine's reckoning, finishing up a few more books and O_o otherwise I can't remember. Eek!

Brandy said...

I'm hoping to pick up something at the library tonight, I'm out of books again. *G* I just finished a whole bunch of books, though. Running Hot was fantastic, Plum Spooky was hilarious and Black Magic Woman was compelling in a dark way.
Take care of that burn! I hope it heals quickly.

I hope you're enjoying your day!

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

I'm reading my way through the RITA entries...2 down, 7 to go...but so far they're great. I've been quite RITA lucky with what they send me!

Jane said...

I'm reading Alison Kent's "Maximum Exposure."

catslady said...

I'm also reading books but not for the RITA's but for the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. This is the second time I've done this and it's the perfect excuse to drop most everything and read lol.

Hope your burn is better. I just came down with a cold - bummer.

Virginia said...

I just finished Joanne Sundell's The Parlor House Daughter and I really enjoyed it. I am not sure what I am going to read next!

Rottie_mom said...

Ouch hope your hand heals up fast. Make sure you put something on it.

Right now Im reading "The Girlfriend Curse" by Valerie Frankel, cute book so far. Next will be "Naked in Death" by JD Robb. I've never read the in death series so this is def new to me lol.

Sarita Leone said...

Ouch! A burn is so painful. I hope it heals quickly. Have you any aloe?

I'm reading On Writing by Stephen King. My copy is dog-eared, I've read it so many times!

The RITA box of books sounds wonderful. Have fun!