Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sigh of Relief

Dinner is over. Everyone ate. The dishes are done! Everyone said it was good, even the kidlets. Huge sigh of relief.

But I'm wiped out from a morning out, then I had to take my oldest to practice (she's completing in the RCC Challenge-think Catholic student Jeopardy) all while trying to get food on the table. The only problem happened when the warming drawer got turned on and somehow the oven got turned off. That delayed the fingerling potatoes being done on time. (I found them finally at Costco this morning!)

I'll post the contest winner tomorrow. In the meanwhile, here are a couple LOLcats for you.

This one had me LOLing since I collect Department 56 Villages:
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

And Spirit so wants one of these for her birthday in April. Watch out Chaos!
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

So what did you have for dinner? I'll post what we had in the comment section!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I cooked a meal I was familiar with:

Appetizers: Fingerling potatoes with aioli dip, crackers with two types of dip.

Dinner: Tossed green salad, Santa Fe salad, beans, brisket, corn bread.

Dessert: Texas sheet cake, chocolate chip ice cream.

Dru said...

Your dinner meal sounds delish.

I had a salad and was starving later. I need to eat food that will fill me up.

Have a good Monday.

Rottie_mom said...

Sounds like a great dinner. Lat night had some left over hamburger helper lol oh well lol.

Hope you have a great day!

Virginia said...

Sound like your dinner was fabulous! Glad it went well.

We had Chili, its that time of the year. I usually cook chili about all day and I like it with peanut butter sandwedges. Hubby just eats it with crackers.

Tori Lennox said...

That first picture (with the village) cracked me up!!!

Jane said...

We had fried noodles for dinner.

Cheri2628 said...

I loved your funny cat pictures!

For dinner at my house we had meatloaf and baked potatoes. It was delicious, but the meat loaf pan was a bear to clean. I even sprayed it with Pam first.

Brandy said...

Glad your dinner went well! Everything sounded delicious.
We had beef tips over rice with a veggie. And I had a handful of M&M's for dessert. *G*

Marianne Arkins said...

I still don't know what fingerling potatoes are... Going to have to Google it! Glad it went well. I LOVE the LOL Cats!!

limecello said...

Awe- cute! I can't believe I missed a few days O_o (as in where did the time go?)

Cute pics - and yay for getting dinner done! :)

A few days late - but today I had spring rolls that my mom made but I just "fried" up. Mmmm