Saturday, March 07, 2009

Cereal Buys

Humorous Pictures
more animals

I read about a cereal promo at Safeway on several couponing blogs. If you buy 5 boxes of certain cereals you get $5 back. The couponing sites had all kinds of matches and links to coupons you could use. It sounded like a really good deal so I decided to give it a try. One blog said you can only do it once per day. Another said it was unlimited. I decided to just do it once and then get more boxes this weekend which is when I normally grocery shop.

Here's what I bought:

1 Lucky Charms $2.59 (on sale from $4.39) - this is my absolute favorite cereal!
1 Life Cereal Maple and Brown Sugar flavor 1.99 (on sale from $3.49)
2 Frosted Flakes $2.79 (on sale from $2.99)
1 Post Cocoa Pebbles $2.49 (on sale from $3.59)

Total before discounts/coupons: $13.05

Then the following got subtracted from the total:

$5.00 - 5 for $5 saving
$.055 - Internet coupon for Lucky Charms
$1.00 - Internet coupon for Life Maple and Brown Sugar Flavor
$1.00 - Internet coupon for $1 off when you buy 2 Frosted Flakes
$0.50 - Double coupon bonus for Life cereal
$0.50 - Double coupon bonus for Frosted flake cereal

Total Savings subtracted - $8.55

Total spent out of pocket for five boxes of cereal: $4.50

That's 90 cents a box. Not bad! The kids were with me and picked out the other cereals they want me to buy. I have coupons for those too. Not sure I can do this well though, but I'll try. At less than $1 each, it's time to stock up!

Have a great Saturday!