Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vacation dreaming

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day in the PNW. Still a little chilly, but blue skies abound. The same (along with a high of 55) is on tap today. Nice weather in the winter always gets me thinking about vacations.

Last year, I attended the RWA conference in SF and took the family for a nice vacation in the Bay Area. This year's conference is in Washington D.C. and I'm skipping it. So I started thinking about what other trips we had planned. That brought a big uh-oh.

Right now we have nothing planned except our annual family camping over the 4th of July and a trip to Seattle in late July for an Irish Dance feis. Of course I forgot to make the hotel reservations last month. I also realized I never made reservations at the kids favorite campground at Cape Disappointment. You can reserve a site nine months in advance so I really dropped the ball on that one, but it was back in the fall when my hands were giving me so much trouble and I was on deadline. Still the kids are going to want to camp on the beach this summer since our trip last year had to be cancelled.

Have you planned any summer vacations yet?

8 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

We've never really planned family vacations. We're more of the wing-it types. We have more fun on those than the ones we planned out ahead of time.

For instance, one 4th of July, we went to San Diego with no hotel reservations. Slight panic because places were booked solid. But thanks to a travelers info place, we ended up with a reasonably priced room at a yacht club! That was so cool!!! We'd never had that if we'd planned it all out. :)

Virginia said...

We don't go on vacations any more, never did a whole lot. I haven't had a job for several years that lasted, so we just really don't have the money for the vacations.

Brandy said...

We like day trips. We have one loosely planned for later this month. There is an Egyptian and Terra Cotta Warrior exhibit down in Atlanta and we are eager to see it. *G* Then later this Fall we're talking about visiting Virginia to see Roanoke and Colonial Williamsburg. (Um, we're really into History.) *G*

Have fun making those reservations!

catslady said...

Before kids when we both worked we took some very nice vacations. After kids we used to go to Cedar Point (rollercoaster capital lol) every so many years for a few days and we did make a trip to Florida once. My grown kids and significant others are trying for a trip to Florida this year but money is short and my husband hasn't gotten vacation days or sick days in the last 10 years so we probably have to pass.

Dru said...

I like to travel and once I know where I want to go, I start saving for the trip. This year I'm taking one trip...a graduation present for my niece.

Jane said...

No plans as of yet.

Marianne Arkins said...

We don't really do vacations. I'd LOVE to do RWA this year, and take the DD with me -- there is a ton to do in DC!! Smithsonian, all the monuments, etc. I did DC once in one day, and missed so much.

**sigh**

Don't think it's in the cards.

Rottie_mom said...

Vacation??? What is that??? LOL It has been years since I've been on vacation. I don't count moving twice in 2 weeks a vacation, nor having my tonsils out lol.

Hmmm really need to put vacation on my list of things to do LOL