Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Weekend!

My first weekend in months without a deadline! It's hard to believe. I'm uncontracted right now which gives me a lot of freedom time-wise if I wished to take it, but is a little worrisome financially and career-wise at the same time. But there's nothing I can do though except wait to hear back from my editor and write so that's what I'm doing.

I started working on something new the night of the 2nd. I've learned I can't take time off from writing. Once I fall out of the writing groove/routine/whatever you want to call it, it takes me too long to get back into it. Of course what I'm writing might not be requested, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. At least I'm writing!

Yesterday, I finished chapter one of a new project and then went Christmas shopping. It was so fun to turn on the radio to K103.3 and listen to all the Christmas carols. Granted I just finished writing a Christmas book, but except for a few Advent things we managed to get out, our house does not look like Christmas at all. I'm hoping by tomorrow night, it will!

I went to Toys R Us and Walmart. The stores weren't too crowded for a Friday morning, but there was a sale going on and lots of adults with carts full. I think other parents had the same idea as me. Not to wait to shop. I was prepared last year when the snowstorms hit. Not sure that will happen again, but I want to be ready just in case.

The only thing on tap for me today is the kidlets' swim meet. My son and hubby are participating in a food drive this morning so the girls and I will stay home. I hope to get a little work done on Chapter two, too. Oh, and decorate the house!

What are your plans for this weekend?