Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I've spent my morning building a 3 story Barbie Dream House and cleaning. The house is beginning to look like a home again. It was clean on Christmas Eve, too! Yikes!

We had a great Christmas. Just the five of us. We went to Mass in the morning, then came home to open presents. The kids were getting a little wild so took a break for lunch and take stock of what they received. They played with what they'd opened so far. Then it was back to gift opening.

Santa brought Mackenna an iPod docking system that also has a CD player/clock/radio. My parents gave her an iTouch. She was one happy girl. Finn found the Star Wars Lego Venator ship. It's huge and is going to take him awhile to piece together. Rose got the Barbie Dream House. It's pretty cool with lights, sound effects and music! They also got several smaller items and games. Last night we played two of them: Beware of the Dog and Apples to Apples Junior.

Hubby and I only do stockings. We decided years ago to use the money we'd spend on others to do giving tree presents and adopt a family items. Best decision we ever made since we have plenty of stuff and so many others don't.

I was pleased with what Santa brought me. Inside my stocking were lots of little things, but also the Castle season 1 DVD and the Couponizer. Both items I'd mentioned I wouldn't mind having. Hubby found a SIGG water bottle and the Horatio Hornblower Collector DVD set inside his!

After dinner, we put the fondue pot on the ottoman and had chocolate fondue while we watched the original version of Miracle on 34th Street. Once the kidlets were in bed, hubby and I watched Elf. I had never seen it before. Funny movie!

Now it's back to the real world. After cleaning I have a critique to do and then revisions of my own! What are you up to?