Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oops!

funny pictures - ARE YOU IN A GOOD MOOD
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

If you lived at my house, you'd understand why the above lolcat made me laugh. It pretty much sums up my furbabies on a weekly (often daily) basis. One of them (cats or dog) is always getting into or doing something. I look at them and can just tell by the expression on their face. But it keeps me entertained (when I'm not having to clean up the messes) and they give so much in return!

We still have snow! The roads are clear so it's perfect. Love days like this.

Today I'm staying inside and writing. My hero and heroine are going backcountry skiing on Mount Hood. I roughed out the scene a couple weeks ago and spoke to one of my research contacts to fill in the gaps. Now I'm ready to rewrite it!

A big thanks to everyone who's been buying Expecting Royal Twins! Harlequin Presents author Jennie Lucas let me know it's #6 on the Mills & Boon weekly bestseller list. It's packaged with Cara Colter's To Dance with the Prince title so the credit is more hers than mine. I'm so happy to be paired with her. I've been loving Cara's books since she wrote for Silhouette Romance.

The book's still hanging in there with the Nook sales ranking, too. I'd only been looking at the overall sales ranking, but Barbara Freethy, whose Angel's Bay books are totally awesome reads, let me know it was on the Contemporary Romance Bestseller list. When I looked this morning it was #38! So cool! I'm trying not to look at rankings too much because they jump all over the place and I have to write, but I must admit it's been really fun to watch over the last two weeks.

Well, I'd better get to work. I'll check in here when I take breaks so let me know what you've got going on in your corner of the world.

11 comments:

Brandy said...

We're going to have to look at printer/scanners this weekend to replace ours which is showing the equivalent of the blue screen of death. Fun.

Hope you have a great writing day!

Melissa McClone said...

Oh, please report back on what you find, Brandy. I need to replace mine. I have an epson that scans and print in color too. All I can do is scan now. Hubby has one, but you can't do color and have to feed the page through to scan. I like having it flat to do books and such!

Have fun!

Sarita said...

Big congrats on the rankings! I love it that your new book is doing so well. Good job!

Today I'm going to spend some quiet time. A little bit of sewing, some seed starting and maybe even an hour or so working on the new book file I just opened. All good ways to spend a snowy Saturday afternoon.

Hope your day goes well!

Melissa McClone said...

Thanks, Sarita! I appreciate it and feel so blessed!

Enjoy your quiet time. I bet the snow's really coming down at your place. I hope you get a chance to work on the new book! Good luck. And have a good afternoon!

Jane said...

Congrats, Melissa.

Melissa McClone said...

Thanks so much, Jane!

Dru said...

Congratulations to the great rankings you're receiving. You should look..you deserve it; it's a good book.

The day is almost over and I read and just relaxed.

Melissa McClone said...

Thanks Dru! Glad you had a relaxing day!

Brandy said...

Melissa, we ended up purchasing the Canon MG6120. I'll let you know how it does. But, one of the reasons we bought it is because it will print BOTH sides of a paper. And the photo printing is great, too.

Marianne Arkins said...

You have 23 reader ratings at BN, too!! You ROCK!

Melissa McClone said...

Brandy - I'll have to look into that one. Let me know what you think after using it a bit.

Marianne - Oh, thanks for letting me know. I don't think I've ever had that many before! Woo-hoo! And thank you!