Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cats

funny cat pictures - Such a tragedy really.
see more

Sometimes when we leave, we'll see a cat sitting in the window watching us go. I always figured they were thinking "good riddance," but now I'm wondering if they're like the lolcat above!

Yesterday was the first anniversary of my cat Smalls crossing the Rainbow Bridge. My whole day was off, starting with a 5 am wake up from the dog, who heard something outside. Then Spirit wouldn't eat so I took her to the vet for more Sub Q fluids. I fear we may be getting to the end with her with kidney failure, which made yesterday that much harder.

That means writing like crazy to catch up to where I should be. I spent what time I had yesterday rewriting some parts and making my heroine more consistent and sympathetic. She was a bit too hard-nosed originally and ready to take-down the hero (and not in a good way) the minute she sees him. A lot nicer and motivated now! At least I hope so!

I did want to share another link with you. 25 pictures of places cats like to relax. It's so cute. I just love these articles from Buzzfeed. Enjoy!

Have a great hump day. Don't know about you, but I'm ready for the weekend already!

7 comments:

Quilt Lady said...

Cute picks of cats. Good luck with your writing today. I had computer issues yesterday so didn't get to post. Hubby reformatted my computer and its doing great now.

Brandy said...

I'll be sure to check out the link. Hugs. I have a depressing anniversary this week, too. I'm trying very hard not to think about it. I hope that Spirit is feeling better today and that you're able to catch up on your writing.

Blessings!

Jane said...

I hope Spirit is doing better.

Catherine Lee said...

What a great face on that kitty cat!

Dru said...

{{{hugs}}}

Maria Zannini said...

I know what you mean about being out of sorts. The anniversary of a death kind of reopens the hurt.

How's Spirit doing today? Any improvement?

Melissa McClone said...

Thanks!

She's eating more so I'm happy about that. I'm going to take her in tomorrow for more fluids. That seems to make her more comfortable. She is acting more like herself so that's a good sign, but I have a feeling it's just a matter of time at this point.