Monday, July 06, 2009

Mills and Boon Website

After trying to register at the revamped Mills & Boon website a couple months ago, I finally managed to get on last week, and I immediately went to the new community section to find the forum for the blindatebrides.com trilogy. I'd been here before during one of my failed log in attempts, but must have only scanned the page otherwise I think I would have noticed what was written in the community home page's highlighted thread box:
Blinddatebrides.com
Hot off the press ... news of Jennie Adams and Fiona Harper's new 3 book series.

My first thought was "Huh?" My next thought was "Hmmm, I wonder if this is payback for never sending in my author info for the website." My final thought before clicking through to the thread was "Oh, well, at least they mentioned it was a 3 book series." I just had to laugh.

After I posted a comment on the thread, I explored the website a little and recommend you do the same if you're a fan of category romance. I didn't have a lot of time that first day, but went back a few days later. I'm glad I did.

My biggest discovery was a great review of Dream Date with the Millionaire there. Check it out here! I usually only get reviewed in RT so reading this really made my day.

I also found a whole bunch of free on-line reads. You can scroll down the list here. Husband Material, the online read I originally wrote for eharlequin a few years ago is there, too, if you haven't read it yet. They also list upcoming and current releases in their bookstore with excerpts you can read.

I mentioned above not sending in my author info so if you happen to look for my name in the author list it isn't there, and it's 100% my fault. I lost the paperwork they sent me and think I deleted the second set they emailed me because I can't find that on my computer, either. One of these days, I'll get around to cleaning my office and organizing my writing things (i.e. contracts, royalty statements, edited manuscripts, other paperwork and foreign translations) into one place, and I'll find the forms so I can get added to the list of Mills & Boon authors. Until then, I hope my books will be enough, because really it's about them not me.

Have a great Monday!