Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back to it!

Funny how being gone makes everyone appreciate you a little more with comments like "I miss you so much, Mommy" to "Please don't die." Yet after only a few hours, it's as if you were never gone. I won't go into details since some things are better left unsaid, but that's what happened yesterday. Back to the routine in a big way. Sigh...

The kidlets were excited yesterday. They got filmed at the Oregon Children's Museum for some promotional thing. Not sure whether the footage will be used, but just being taped and asked questions on camera was cool for them. That's all they could talk about when hubby got home.

I got a nice little package in the mail I forgot to mention yesterday. My roomie at Dallas, Avalon author and good friend Shirley Marks sent me two books. These weren't just any books, but Trixie Belden books for my daughters! When I was younger I read the entire series. Absolutely devoured them. I'm excited to introduce my kids to them now. Thanks Shirley! Did any of you have a series you read and loved when you were a kids?

I saw this on AOL and thought it was so cute I had to share. Enjoy!


Have a great day!

7 comments:

Brandy said...

Trixie Belden!! I read her! Did you know they are rereleasing the books now? (Good thing because I lost my old ones!) Daughter loves them, even more than Nancy Drew.

Glad that you are happy to be home and that everyone missed you. How are the kitties?

Have a fu day!

Melissa said...

Do you know if they are rewriting the books or just releasing them in new packaging? I hope they keep them the same with Whimpy burgers and every thing else. I'm so excited to have my oldest start reading them!

The kitties are doing good. Rocket seems to be going downhill a little. He would hide from hubby so didn't always get his medicine. Bad kitty.

We're off to the park for a picnic!

Tori Lennox said...

Trixie & Co. were the best!!! I like Nancy Drew, but I LOVED Trixie! I've been thinking about re-reading them.

Dru said...

I enjoyed reading the Encyclopedia Brown series.

I hope you had a good Wednesday and tomorrow brings you happiness.

Brandy said...

As far as I can tell, they are just rereleasing them.
Sorry to hear about Rocket. Hopefully with Mommy home he'll get his medicine when needed. *g*

Have a great thursday!

Melissa said...

I've never heard about the Encylopedia Brown series. Will have to check that out, Dru.

Tori - I preferred Trixie to Nancy Drew too.

Rocket is much happier now that Mommy is home. He's not hiding anymore, Brandy. Huge sigh of relief.

A much better day yesterday! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I'm glad the books arrived in one piece... er... two pieces. :)

Enjoy them!

Shirley