Friday, July 13, 2007

RWA Conference: Thursday Night

I met three of the authors writing the continuity in the lobby and we had dinner at a restaurant called Gloria's. Starting with me and going clockwise, Linda Goodnight , Susan Meier and Shirley Jump. Over margaritas we discussed the workshop we'll be giving on Saturday. We also came up with a few marketing ideas for The Wedding Planners continuity. Looks like we'll be putting together a blog for it!

After dinner, I attended the National Reader's Choice Award ceremony. This is Linda and new Steeple Hill author Janet Dean. Yummy looking food to eat (I was too stuffed from dinner to try anything!) and an open bar. Editors and agents attended with their finalist authors, too. We saw Kimberley Young and Maddie Rowe from HMB. Ellen Edwards from NAL was there. As was Mary-Theresa Hussey from Silhouette and many others I don't recognize, but could see the blue line on the bottom of their pages marking them as publishing professionals.

I then headed to my hotel room. I talked to the kids who are staying at my parents' house. Rose started crying because she missed me so much. My heart just broke. It took awhile to calm her down, but after promising to bring her something home (she asked for chocolate M&Ms) she wasn't so hysterical. I then called hubby and caught up with him. My roommate, Shirley Marks got home and we went off in search of boxes so I can ship home all the free books I've picked up here that I'll be giving away to you! We bumped into four of my favorite people and amazingly talented writers. From right to left, Elizabeth Bevarly , me, Barbara Samuel , Christie Ridgway and Teresa Hill down in front. Shirley and I found boxes and headed back to the room. We were both tired! I worked a bit before calling it a night.

On tap for Friday, not much! I'm having lunch with blog commenter Bailey and the Harlequin Party later tonight! Have a great Friday!