Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Canada Day!

One of my furbabies, Spirit, wants to wish all of our friends north of the border a Happy Canada Day! Okay, really she's letting me know how much she hates the vacuum cleaner.

Later today, hubby and I will be attending a Canada Day party. A group of Canadians, whose kids attend the same school as ours, put it on each year and offer it as a party buy-in at the annual auction. We will play street hockey and other games, drink Canadian beer, eat Canadian food and have a trivia contest later in the evening. I'll have to surf the Internet later and brush up on my Canada knowledge.

The recital went great. Rose was a beautiful ballerina. The day took a turn for the worst after church though. She ran into her brother and hurt her arm. She was so upset she stopped breathing. (This happens when she gets really upset.) I told hubby she wasn't breathing, but he couldn't reach her soon enough. She backed off the curb and fell back landing right on her head. This started her breathing again, but the goose egg was huge and the tears endless. We drove home, put ice on it and I held her for the rest of the evening, hoping a big bump and scab were going to be the only things we had to worry about. We got the other two to bed, but she wanted to sleep with us so we laid down on either side of her with the intention of getting up once she fell asleep. Needless to say, I woke up at midnight, saw hubby and daughter sound asleep, checked her, then went right back to sleep. She's feeling much better.

It's a beautiful sunny day in the Pacific Northwest. The party doesn't start until 4 pm so I want to go out and do something as a family. Just need to figure out what.

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!