Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Grim Rea-Purr

Some of you cat lovers might have already read about Oscar, the Death kitty, who's been the buzz around the Internet and various publications. I found out about the tabby, who lives in a nursing home in Providence, RI, yesterday in this article from Slate. Turns out Oscar can sense when the end is near and has nuzzled over 25 patients right before their deaths. Not sure I'd want a cat with that ability (I'd be too paranoid), but it's an interesting read.

After a picnic and playing at the park yesterday, we walked across the street for soft ice cream cones. Pretty much a perfect summer day. I'm hoping today will be the same.

On the agenda: writing, playing, writing some more. I also need to head to the post office. I have a package to pick up from Dru and two to mail!

What do you have going on?