Thursday, August 09, 2007

Fun in Sunriver

No big adventures on Wednesday. Not that we took it easy. This is after all a vacation which means cramming as much into a day as we can. Oh, wait. That's real life. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing!

Today we drove to the Sunriver Stables. This is the view from near there. As you can see we've had beautiful blue skies and sunny days. Perfect temperatures, too! Hubby took our two oldest and my friend's youngest on a long bicycle loop that passes by the Lodge and circles back. I was in charge of our youngest for the morning.

The two of us headed to the pony corral. A pony ride is a yearly tradition. The first year we vacationed at Sunriver she was too little, but the other two kidlets were small enough to ride. Now she can ride and the older two are too big! Rose beamed on her two laps on a brown pony named Candy. Afterwards she hopped on her Barbie bike, and we headed in the opposite direction as the others had headed hoping to hook up with them on their way back.

We met up and made our way back to the stables where the kids checked out the horses. Then it was home for lunch, naptime for Rose (writing time for me), baseball and ping pong for the others. In the afternoon we biked to the tennis courts and played for an hour then hit the pool. After dinner we were tired so watched a DVD, High School Musical. Another fun day in Sunriver!

On the writing front, I love the story and what I've written so far, but it's proceeding very slowly (molasses in January slow) so I asked my friend to read the prologue of my current work in progress. She's a die-hard reader (faves are Nora Roberts and Lisa Jackson) and I wanted to get her opinion. She's not an easy person to please. There are stories of mine she didn't really like that much such as If the Ring Fits... which is a reader favorite so I knew I'd get an honest opinion. But in this case I got the thumbs up and was told she almost needed Kleenex. Yay! That's the emotion I was going for so huge sigh of relief on my part.

Hope all of you are doing well! What's going on in your part of the world?