Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bambi Pays A Visit

This morning while the older kids went for a long bike ride with my friend, Debbie, hubby and I took the youngest on her own ride. We headed to the park where we played on the swings, slides and teeter-totters, then rode to the pool to check it out. We were gone over an hour and a half. She was a real trooper for hanging in there and keeping up on her new 16" Barbie bike.

While Rose napped in the afternoon, I wrote and the others played tennis. After she woke up, we hit the South pool. The water so warm, but felt really good. When we got home, a deer was in our yard. It came right up to me as I stood on our back deck. I think it was waiting to see if I'd feed it. I didn't.

But it still didn't go away. My two daughters came out onto the deck to see it. The deer kept looking at the littlest one. Maybe it thought she would give it some food! We have deer who come to our house all the time, but never so close. Needless to say the girls were mesmerized.

As we were cooking dinner (spaghetti, salad and garlic bread) I noticed a whole bunch of deer in the back yard. This time there were two bigger deer and four fawns. This little guy was so cute. Rose came out on the deck with me and said, "It looks just like Bambi."



Here's a group shot of the gang who dropped by to nibble the brush in the backyard. I couldn't get all the deer in the picture, but I got most of the fawns.

On today's agenda: Climbing at Smith Rock. The whole gang is going. I'm so excited!

Hope you have a good one!