Friday, August 03, 2007

Christmas in August

If I look past the sunny temperature and cloudless blue sky, yesterday felt a lot like Christmas. Blog commenter, Dru, sent me a beautiful quilt wall-hanging (thanks for the early birthday present and I'll post a pic for all to see when I find my camera!) Then I went from listening to Christmas carols and writing about a beautiful Noble Fir tree in my story to going on a nice date with hubby. We ate a delicious dinner at a place called Hudson's. It reminded me of a lodge some where in the mountains which fit nicely with the manuscript in progress.

After dinner, we went shopping. Our son has outgrown his bike and I needed a new swimsuit. We found a bike, but the swimsuit was harder. The first store had only bikinis. Those weren't going to work. The second store had one pieces, but they didn't offer enough coverage. I did, however, find a nice pair of North Face capris that will be great for climbing. They were even on sale! The third store had a couple one pieces, but I didn't like either of them. I had success at the fourth store, Kohls, and now have a new swimsuit.

Gotta admit though, taking hubby with me made the whole swimsuit trying on experience a little easier. I thought it would make the process even more horrible than it normally is, but he was very helpful picking out suits, finding sizes, giving a yea or nay. I ended up with one he choose.

So back to Christmas. I could use some help. I need help finding Christmas songs for my book soundtrack. I'm not looking for the typical Christmas carols we all know and love, but those songs I might not have heard or remember. Songs like Faith Hill's "Where are you Christmas" from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas Soundtrack. If you know any, could you please post them in the comment section! Thanks!

Enjoy your Friday! I'm off to Pilates and then I'll figure out something fun to do with the kidlets!